This one is seriously more delicious than it sounds. It still qualifies as mostly healthy...or at least significantly healthier than the alternative. It is very easily scaled for individual portions or large groups. Even if you don't usually like cauliflower, I encourage you to try it at least once, and either this or the "mac" n cheese are the way to do it! This recipe totally hits the spot for me on nights when I really want wings but my waist line doesn't want the fried goodness of traditional wings.
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken (breast or thighs), chopped into 2 inch strips (1/4 lb per person)
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/2 bottle buffalo wing sauce
- reduced fat blue cheese crumbles (2 tbsp per person)
- celery stalks (3 per person), chopped
- romaine hearts (1/2 per person), chopped
Preheat oven to 375F. Toss cauliflower in buffalo sauce until coated on large baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Toss chicken in buffalo sauce until coated on large baking sheet. Turn cauliflower and bake both chicken and cauliflower for an additional 15 minutes or so, turning chicken once. Remove chicken. Turn oven up to broil and broil cauliflower for 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss celery stalks and romaine hearts in a bowl. Serve chicken and cauliflower over lettuce mixture. Top with blue cheese crumbes and serve.
Post a Comment