- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 12 oz asparagus, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/3 c chicken stock
- 1 pt cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tbsp kalamata olives, sliced into thirds
- 2 tbsp green olives, sliced into thirds
- 3 tbsp reduced fat cream cheese
- 3 servings whole wheat fusilli
- 3/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 375F.
Heat olive oil in medium saucepan. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute until onion is translucent but neither garlic nor onion is brown. Add chicken and sear. Add asparagus, chicken stock and tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add oregano, olives and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is incorporated.
Meanwhile, boil water and cook pasta to al dente. Pour pasta into casserole dish. Add chicken mixture and 1/2 c Parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Top with remaining 1/4 c Parmesan cheese. Bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until top is golden brown and sauce is bubbling.